If you ever decide to move to a third world country it would be a good idea to remind yourself of that fact for at least a month before you move, this will help you deal with some frustrations and make for a more happier move. This way when someone tells you that something will be ready in a month, you can tell yourself 6 months and when you get it in 3 months you will be happily surprised. Here is my vent list.
1. All my stuff from Canada is still in customs, and should have been coming to me on March 31. But the inspectors went on strike on the exact day that my stuff was supposed to be inspected.
2. My cell phone company has blocked all calls from my phone because I have not paid my bills. Bills I never recieved (their mail system sucks). I even went to them last month to complain that I had not recieved a bill (they did not want to tell me anything since the phone is in Jeff's name and he forgot to put me on the account also). They told me not to worry that I was fine and that I would recieve the bill sometime soon. Never did and I forgot. Jeff has now spoken with them (with his portuguese teacher's help) and once I pay the bills (which they printed) it will still take 2 day to get my phone working again. Jeff and his teacher tried calling the number I was giving so that they could resolve this problem, but they kept hanging up on him. So they had to go to an actual TIM store. We can't even yell at them since we don't know enough portuguese to make our frustration understood. My mantra now is I LIVE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRY, I LIVE IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. This is the only way to keep my sanity and not demand to return to Canada right away. I'm sure we have these problems there also, but at least I can speak the language and can complain to someone.
I had a lot more things to complain about but just venting those two things seems to have helped me feel more calm. So I will stop venting and say thank you for reading my vents. Maybe another day I can talk about some of the good stuff here (just not today).
To end on a positive note. My friends Olivia and Jerry Smith have a new little girl in their lives. I just want to congratulate them wish them lots of joy and happiness with their new bundle of joy.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awww don't stress..those things happen here too! Just yeah in english! At least in Nicaragua you could complain in spanish he he he. Well take care of both my babies please :) luvvv ya.
La paciencia es de los santos :)
Post a Comment