Friday, July 18, 2008

Back in Brazil

It was has been over 2 months since I last blogged. But I think it was better that way. The month before I went back to Canada was not my best and I would only have been complaining in my post.

We came back from our trip to Canada on July 14. We spent almost 3 weeks back in Canada. We all really enjoyed our vacation. I was more relaxed and at peace and it made it easier to come back to Brazil. We are slowly settling into our rutines again. Alysia does not go back to school till Aug 6, so I have to find things to keep us busy. This is my first day that I have not left the house and have just been sitting doing nothing. Alysia is next door playing with her friend.
The weather is beautiful right now. It's winter here, but for some reason the temperature is in the 20's. It has been sunny everyday since we got back.
I have been making a new friend. Another family moved down from Texas. The husband works for Exxon, like Jeff. They have a 5 year old daughter who is becoming friends with Alysia. They will probably be in the same class once school starts. The esso wives club is growing, I think we are a total of 9 now. I try to make friends with the new ladies and help them out in any way I can. I can understand portuguese pretty well (my speaking still needs work, but it's better than most) and I have a car, so I do try to help out when I can.
I am now 7 months along. We have chosen the Baby's name. It will be Aidan Samuel Mercado Robichaud (the Mercado is a 3rd name, like Alysia's). Jeff says he still has not agreed to this, but this was the only name he did not say an outright no to. So I have been telling everyone and even Alysia is calling the baby Aidan.

I'm hoping to maybe update my website this month. Jeff has done his part, I now have to do my part. It's been over a year since we last updated it (we were having troubles with it). We have changed the colors and tried to make it easier to navigate.

Well take care everyone and hope all is well with all of you. May God bless you and take care of you.

No comments: