This song keeps playing in my head since I'm now officially on bedrest. About a week and a half ago I started to get really swollen legs and feet. I did not worry to much. I figured it was part of the pregnancy, since I'm about a month away from my due date. I did mention it to my mother-in-law and she was worried that it could be toxemia (pre-eclampsia/hipertension). After she mentioned it I looked up more info on it, just in case :). Thanks to her I was able to notice other symptoms that came along a few days later, like a headache, rapid weight gain and a pressure in my head. I went to the doctor and had the nurse take my blood pressure. It was 160/100. My normal all through the pregnancy has been 100/60. The doctor put me on bedrest, had me do another ultrasound and gave me pills to control the high blood pressure. He had told me that it looks like Aidan will be coming sooner than we though, but luckely for me I'm about 34-35 weeks along. This means that Aidan is mature enough to survive just fine outside the womb. He checked me yesterday and is figuring that I might go into labour over the weekend. If I don't then I have another appointment with him on Monday. So far everything is fine and my blood pressure is 120/70. But it is very boring staying in bed most of the day. I don't have cable tv to entertain myself :), and I have read all my interesting books already.
I have told Aidan that if he can wait till we get the baby shipment I would appreciate it. My baby shipment (all the stuff I bought in Canada, since it's twice as expensive if not more to buy it here) is in Brazil already. They were supposed to inspect it yesterday and I'm hoping that this means I will be getting it Monday or Tuesday.
Alysia is doing great. She is back in school and loving it. She has already been invited to 2 birthday parties and and will be starting her afterschool activities this week (soccer and Kidsfit). She will restart her piano in September.
Life is going on as usual and it's a good thing I have a full time, live in maid to help out. She does go home for the weekends :).
Take care everyone and may God bless you all. Happy Sabbath.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment